Saturday, February 16, 2013

Roasted Vegetable Sandwich

Today I was craving the roasted vegetable sandwich from Nordstrom's Sixth & Pine restaurant but I have sooooo much housework to do so I decided to try and recreate it at home. Hitting two birds with one stone Titan got his exercise for the day by jogging up to Liberty Heights Fresh for my sammy ingredients. I adore this store they always have the most amazing bread their rosemary focaccia is worth every carb but I digress. 
I was able to grab all of the goods and spy on my puppy through their windows. We then trotted back and my exhausted boy sacked out on his new bed while I made this yummy treat.


1 red onion
2 bell peppers
pesto
bread (I used Ciabatta)
1 garlic clove
1/4 C olive oil
1 teaspoon basil oil
1 teaspoon roasted garlic oil
3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar


Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Chop your veggies up and toss with a blend of the oils. Lay them all out on a foil lined baking sheet and place in the oven for ~25 minutes. 


Slice the loaf horizontally and place on another baking sheet in the oven to lightly toast.  I did a legit full crunch toast and just trust me you want it barely there, just a hint of crunch.  Your bread will be done before your veggies so pull it out and rub the garlic clove all over the loaf to infuse the bread with that garlicky goodness. I then slathered both sides with goat cheese followed by pesto.


 At this point the onions were soft so I knew the veggies were ready. Crank on the broiler and do NOT move! You want it charred but it does this SUPER quickly and you don't want your mushrooms to dehydrate. Load em up on your sammy and you are good to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment