Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The $250 "Neiman" Cookie Recipe

So urban legend says that this amazing chocolate chip oat cookie recipe was sold by "Neiman Marcus" to a customer for a whopping $250. Obviously when the customer realized her misinterpretation of "two fifty" she tried to have the charge removed and the department store refused so as a woman scorned she  gave the recipe away! 

In reality I have no idea where this recipe came from but word on the Internet is "Neiman Marcus" and what source is more reliable than the web?
**Please note the sarcasm dripping from my text**


Yes, I may have bit the cookie before I snapped a shot. 
Don't judge me. I have no self control.

Ingredients:
  • 2 C butter
  • 2 C sugar
  • 2 C brown sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 t vanilla
  • 4 C flour
  • 5 C blended oatmeal (quaker oats work great)
  • 1 t salt
  • 2 t baking powder
  • 2 t baking soda
  • 24 oz bag of chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine with the rest of the dry ingredients. Roll into balls on cookie sheet and bake ~8 minutes until the edges are golden brown.



****The story regarding Neiman Marcus was an urban legend I found on the internet= NOT true****

No comments:

Post a Comment