Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pepperoncini Manwich

I have always aspired to be like my older sister, Annalyn. She is funny, a good dancer, the best listener, an incredible mother, loving wife, inspiring coach (ya, thats right my sister is the head softball coach at UTPB noooo big deal) the list goes on. Anyways what I am getting at here is my sister is a truly beautiful person inside and out. Which is why it should come as a shock to no one that she landed a total stud that came with a family as sweet as him.

What did come as a shock was that his family would not only adopt Annalyn into their family but also welcome the rest of us with open arms. Over the years I have fallen in love with the Burch family. As a wedding gift Jill (Sissy's Mother-in-law) made me a cookbook containing a selection of her favorite family recipes. I use it often and would like to share one of the recipes with all of you.

Pepperoncini Manwhich




Ingredients:
  • 2-3 lb roast
  • 1 jar of pepperoncini 
  • Hoagie buns
Place roast in crock pot and add one jar of pepperoncini peppers juice and all. Cook 4-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low until meat shreds with a fork.

Butter a sliced hoagie bun and lightly toast under the broiler. Drain the juice and put meat and peppers on buns topped with provolone cheese. Put back under broiler to melt cheese and then you can add lettuce, tomato, etc.

This recipe comes from the Crystal Burch.
My sister's sister-in-law...have I lost y'all yet?
She said she found it from Our Best Bites.
It is pretty finger lickin good.

Luke, Jordyn, Crystal, Braylen, &Tylen
Can you believe they road tripped from TEXAS to UTAH for my special day.
Talk about making a girl feel loved!
My nephew Aiden

My Niece Addalyn

Me, Matt, Adam, Addalyn, Annalyn, & Aiden.

2 comments:

  1. Awww...we sure do love you and your amazing sister!! I am ready to come back to Utah and visit soon!! I LOVE these sandwiches!!!! I have to give credit to where this recipe originally came from though b/c I'm not that creative and awesome. haha. I got it from my sweet friend Kate Jones who is kind of a big deal. ;-) She's one of the "Our Best Bites" girls if you've ever heard of it. Here's a link to their site and the delicious recipe's birthplace. http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/06/pepperoncini-beef-sandwiches/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much I will add a link back to her on the post!

    ReplyDelete