Thursday, September 27, 2012

Crockpot Queso

As a relocated Texan I have a deep love for queso. I do not discriminate I am an equal opportunity queso lover but Momma's Crock-Pot Queso will always  have a special place in my heart.

Ingredients
**Consider this more of a guide than a recipe**
  • 2 cans of Rotel
  • 1/2 lb pkg sausage (sometimes I sneak in a whole lb)
  • 1 pkg of cream cheese
These are the proportions Momma uses and the proportions I always default to but please play around with it add a can of Rotel (my version), subtract some cream cheese, or double the sausage and see what you like best.
 I like to use Jimmy Dean's Hot but for this batch I went with Original to keep down the heat. Brown the sausage before tossing it in the crock pot.
 I was making this for a party so I used a "mild" and "original" Rotel as you never know who can't handle the heat. I personally love to use the Hot Rotel because I am just a spicy lovin kinda girl.


 Add in ONE brick of cream cheese (I doubled recipe and forgot to take a shot with just one), crank on the heat, and let the magic happen.
Hubby and I ended up at the back of the pack and this is what was left for us. I don't know who got the worst end of it... me as I knew exactly what I was missing or my handsome hubby that still had yet to taste "The Dip" as I neglected my wifely duty and did not put a bowl aside for him pre-horde of hungry strangers. Whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment